Field trips are geared for Pre-K through 3rd grade students. The cost is $7.00 per student (Teachers and Teacher Aides FREE) and they last approximately 3 hours (10am-1pm). Each field trip includes an informative learning session about parts of a plant and the plant growth cycle, with a focus on pumpkins, Christmas trees, and flowers. No matter which season you attend the field trip experience includes the students learning while making a craft (included in the cost), and the students always have something to take home!
It’s about agriculture! Find out more about the science to be learned from nature and how it aligns with your curriculum! Visit: Elementary Science TEKS
- Springtime: March 20 thru May 18, 2018
Learn the lifecycle of a chicken, all about pollination, and make a “bee” bookmark to take home.
- Fall Harvest: Oct 3 thru Nov 17, 2017
Learn how pumpkins grow and paint your own mini-pumpkin to take home.
- Christmas: Nov 29 thru Dec 15, 2017
Learn how we grow trees and make a Christmas craft to take home.
Each basic field trip, no matter which season, includes the following:
- A scenic hayride through the Christmas tree fields
- Feed and learn about our farm animals
- Navigate your way through our various mazes
- Play on our oak shaded playground
- Pump water the old-fashioned way at our duck races
- Enjoy various game stations: golf, horseshoes, washers, etc.
- Eat your picnic lunch at our picnic tables under our covered pavilion
Upgrade: Add Gem Mining!
Add the experience of gemstone mining at the Abbie Rose Mining Company to the basic package — for only $5.00 more. Your students will love searching for treasure in this hands on activity and have a great souvenir to take home! The deluxe package is $12 per student.