About Our Field Trips
Field trips are geared for Pre-K through 3rd grade students. The cost is $6.00 per student (one teacher free per class) and last approximately 3 hours. Each field trip includes an informative talk about parts of a plant and the plant growth cycle as it pertains to pumpkins, Christmas trees, and flowers. Check out all the science there is to learn in nature that aligns with your curriculum! Elementary Science TEKS
Customized According to Season
- Spring Flowers Time: April 2 thru May 17, 2012- Learn the parts of a plant while making your own flower craft to take home.
- Fall Harvest Time: Oct 3 thru Nov 9 Learn how pumpkins grow and paint your own mini-pumpkin to take home.
- Christmas Time: Nov 27 thru Dec 14 - Learn how we grow trees and make a Christmas craft to take home.
Each BASIC field trip, no matter which season, includes the following:
- A scenic hayride through the Christmas tree fields
- Feed and visit our farm animals
- Navigate your way through our various mazes
- Play on our oak shaded playground
- Pump water the old-fashioned way at our duck races
- Enjoy various game stations: golf, horseshoes, washers, etc.
- Eat your picnic lunch at our picnic tables under our pavilion
Upgrade your field trip to DELUXE package:
Add gemstone mining to the basic package for only $4.00 more. Your students will love searching for treasure in this hands on activity and have a great souvenir to take home! The DELUXE package is $10 per student.