A Typical Field Trip Schedule at Devine Acres
Arrive, unload buses and lunches, use restrooms, and gather under pavilion.
Listen to a short history on the farm, rules on the farm and an explanation of the day’s events while sitting under the covered pavilion
Enjoy all four educational and hands-on rotations (each rotation is approximately 20 minutes long).
October- paint a mini pumpkin to take home.
December- hear an informative talk about how we grow trees.
Spring– plant a seed to take home while learning the parts and life cycle of a plant.
October– learn about how pumpkins grow and learn cool pumpkin facts.
December- make an old-fashioned Christmas craft to take home.
Spring- learn the life cycle of a chicken and observe adorable baby chicks.
Hayride- (all seasons) take a scenic hayride around the farm and see all 15,000 Christmas trees growing in the fields.
Barnyard– (all seasons) learn interesting facts about our farm animals, pet/feed.
Eat your sack lunch at our picnic tables under our covered pavilion.
Following lunch choose from the following activities:
- Gemstone Mining (optional activity at an additional cost) — Purchase a bag of mining rough and mine for treasure at our mining sluice!
- Mason Jar Market — Enjoy shopping for desserts, drinks, gift items and souvenirs!
- Playground — Head down to our shaded playground to play!
- Mazes — Run through the various mazes!
- Old fashioned games — Horseshoes, washers, bean bag toss, duck races, dress the farmer activity, sack races!
Buses depart. Drive safely back to school!