We want your Devine Christmas tree to last the whole holiday season! Remember that when a Christmas tree is cut, over half of its weight is water. With proper care, you can maintain the quality of your displayed tree. Follow these tips:
- Make a fresh cut to remove about a ½- inch thick disk of wood from the base of the tree trunk before putting the tree in the stand.
- If you have a water softening system in your house DO NOT use the water from the softener to water your tree. The salt will dry the tree out! Use water from your outside faucet or bottled water.
- If you cannot put the tree in a stand immediately, make a fresh cut on the base of the tree trunk and place the freshly cut tree in a bucket that is kept full of water until you can put it into a stand.
- Use a stand that fits your tree. Avoid whittling the sides of the trunk down to fit in a stand.
- Keep displayed tree away from sources of heat (fireplaces, heater, heat vents, direct sunlight, etc.).
- The temperature of the water used to fill the stand is not important and does not affect water uptake.
- Check the stand daily to make sure that the level of water does not go below the base of the tree.
- If the water level is allowed to drop below the base of the tree trunk, the cut will seal and the tree will no longer take up water and will begin to dry out.
Trees are alive and healthy when leaving our farm. Trees cannot be guaranteed after leaving the farm.
Thank you for purchasing a REAL tree on a REAL working farm!
Merry Christmas and blessings in the New Year!